This is a great opportunity to have fun, keep your casting arm in shape and to exchange information with fellow members. As in the past, there is no arrangement for formal instruction however advice and guidance on casting technique are available from some of our more experienced members on a very generous volunteer basis.
In order to cover the rental, the cost is just 35.00 for all 5 evenings or 7.00 per session. The funds will be collected at the door. One may secure a place in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org / 613-728-7008) or simply come out on any of the scheduled dates. A warm welcome is extended to all interested members and non-members.
Location: The “Cafetorium” at Confederation Education Center, 1645 Woodroffe Ave at the south east corner of Hunt Club. (map)
- Outdoor footwear and food and drinks are not permitted in gym. (includes spectators).
- Participants must exit OCDSB property within 10 minutes after the end of the session.
- Leave your expensive tapered leaders a home, the basketball nets always manage to catch a few lines. A length of straight mono and a tiny piece of yarn is all you'll need.
- Sinking lines are not recommended for indoor casting.
- After the casting sessions are over don't forget to give your line a good cleaning before you hit the water in the spring.